We are excited to announce a new format for this year’s conference that allows for more focused training and discussions and more topics.
After reviewing the comments and feedback from the 2018 conference, we have decided to include concurrent small group discussions led by experts and panels.
Attendees will have the opportunity to choose to attend one or more small group work sessions led by an expert or experts on the topic. The small group format will allow attendees to come away with a tangible plan or action items to work on as well as facilitate useful and personalized discussions led by the group leader(s).
We are pleased to announce the topics for the small group work sessions for the 2019 conference. They are:
- How to write a field plan and communications plan
- Public speaking and press and media relations
- Personal branding
- Make sure you’re heard: effective communication and negotiation skills for women
- Starting your campaign: the first steps
- Work-life balance for women
We are also planning concurrent panel discussions which allows us to cover more topics of broad interest to women in public service.
Panel topics include:
- Educating and engaging voters/the public
- Fundraising tips and ideas from traditional to grassroots
- Strategies to address challenges and stereotypes for women leaders
- Our experiences: local elected officials tell their stories
- Our experiences: state elected officials tell their stories
As we receive confirmations from panelists and group leaders, we will post updates to the conference schedule which will include biographies of each speaker/group leader.