Educating & Engaging Voters/Public
If you’re running for office or advocating for an issue, you need to be able to engage with and educate voters not only about your platform, but also about the importance of voting. Getting out the vote is vital to a campaign. Panelists will talk about strategies and tools to use to increase voter turnout and help educate the public about issues and candidates. Examples from actual campaigns will be used to illustrate these strategies.
- Tara Dowdell, Founder & President, TDG Speakers and Tara Dowdell Group
- Courtney Hill, Founder & Principal Strategist for Polaris Strategies
- Ben Needham, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Human Rights Campaign
- Sandra Sistrunk, Alderman, City of Starkville, MS
Our Experiences: Elected Officials Tell Their Stories
Join elected officials as they tell the story of their public service. Learn how and why they entered into politics, how they ran a successful campaign, the obstacles they encountered and how they overcame them, and what they learned while in office. The first-hand experiences of these women leading in their communities will offer insight into becoming a leader in local government.
- Honorable Merceria Ludgood, Commissioner – Mobile County, AL
- Honorable Jil Littlejohn, Councilwoman – Greenville, SC
- Honorable Connie Rockco – Supervisor, Harrison County, Mississippi
- Honorable Gwen Wisler, Vice Mayor/Alderwoman – Asheville, NC
Event Timeslots (1)
Monday, April 1
Laurel FG & Laurel HJ