The Southern Women in Public Service Conference is designed for any woman in our 14 state area who is interested in running for office or other form of public service, wants to support a woman in office or running for office, or is currently in office or other public service position.
If you are a
- State elected or appointed official
- Local elected or appointed official
- Woman running for office
- Campaign manager or staff
- U.S. elected or appointed official
- Staff of appointed or elected official
- Non-profit staff
- Woman looking to make a difference in their community, state, or nation
You should attend this conference!
#1 Great networking opportunities
This is the place to network with elected and appointed officials, expert speakers, and women from 14 southern states with a like-minded commitment to serving their communities, states, and nation.
Get to talk with current officials and hear about their experiences, get your questions answered by experts in the field, and hear ideas from other women interested in public service.
At our 2018 conference, 30% of our participants were local, state, or federal elected or appointed officials and staff.
#2 Learn from expert speakers on topics specific to women in public service
Women in public service face unique challenges. This conference brings together the experts you want to hear from to learn tools and techniques to run a campaign, serve in office, or support others running for office.
- How to write a field plan and communications plan
- Public speaking and press and media relations
- Personal branding
- Make sure you’re heard: effective communication and negotiation skills for women
- Starting your campaign: the first steps
- Work-life balance for women
- Educating and engaging voters and the public
- Fundraising tips and ideas from traditional to grassroots
- Strategies to address challenges and stereotypes for women leaders
- Our experiences: local elected officials tell their stories
- Our experiences: state elected officials tell their stories
View the FULL SCHEDULE
#3 Get reinvigorated
The lasting relationships you’ll develop at this conference and the support of other women in public service can reinvigorate you to continue to serve.
Don’t Wait – Save $50 on Registration
Conference registration for the 2019 Southern Women in Public Service Leadership Conference includes access to motivational and inspiration speakers and elected officials; host hotel and meeting space within the same facility (never have to leave the property!); meals from some of the finest, locally sourced restaurants in Asheville; and an opportunity to build relationships and network with women from 14 southern states with a like-minded commitment to serving their communities, states, and nation.
Early Registration – $199
Basic Registration – $249
Free Registration for the Military
The Stennis Center for Public Service is offering free conference registration to active or retired military personnel
Special Lodging Rate – Expires February 28th!
The 2019 Southern Women in Public Service Leadership Conference host location, Omni Grove Park Inn, is offering a special rate to conference attendees until February 28th. Reserve your room now!
THE OMNI GROVE PARK INN
290 MACON AVENUE
ASHEVILLE , NORTH CAROLINA , 28804